If your business is growing, then you have probably undergone a digital transformation more than once. You’ve converted from manual processes into digital processes while making new upgrades and embracing advanced technology along the way. However, your team has crossed the threshold of their IT knowledge, abilities, or the time and effort they can spend maintaining your IT infrastructure.
If so, you’re not alone. Far from it.
Nearly 60% of companies in Pittsburgh and around the globe have hit what IDC famously coined, a digital trough. You now realize that taking on information technology in-house is an unrealistic endeavor. In fact, the digital trough is killing your productivity, weakening your IT security, creating frustration in your employees, and even affecting your bottom line.
It is now time to consider outsourcing your IT. But where do you turn?
Which IT Functions Should You Outsource to Pittsburgh Technology Companies?
While outsourced IT has proven benefits — namely cost savings, scalability, added security, and efficiency — you may have a difficult time knowing which company’s products and services align with your business needs.
The best companies offer the following services to help your business run more smoothly:
- Managed IT. IT companies such can assume responsibility for your entire network including your hardware, servers, software, and equipment.
- Cybersecurity. Reputable Pittsburgh technology companies can provide a multi-layer proactive approach for preventing security breaches or hacks. They can monitor your network 24/7 to prevent malware, viruses, and spyware from slowing down your system.
- Cloud-based platform. One of the main reasons why outsourced IT technology companies are valuable is because they can help you move your entire workload to the cloud. You can collaborate, share & store data, open applications, and communicate from a secure, remote platform.
- VoIP phone integration. Nearly all IT companies have turned to VoIP phone systems. They are easy to set up, easy to use, easy to expand, and cost far less than conventional phone systems.
- Business continuity. The company you choose must be able to provide a stable IT infrastructure that can handle disasters, emergencies, power outages, hacks, or any other events that could disrupt your workflow. Business continuity ensures that you can still run your company regardless of onsite issues that arise.
- Virtual server & desktop solutions. A real benefit to working with an outsourced technology consulting company is the ability to create virtual solutions. Pittsburgh technology companies can help you run multiple PCs from a single server or hardware.
These services help you with core processes and technology within your organization. They cover the most critical areas of your business operation:
- Business continuity
These are the top reasons why local companies go looking for outsourced Pittsburgh technology companies.
Benefits of Outsourcing Pittsburgh Technology Companies
Now that you have a better understanding of what of Pittsburgh technology companies do, you may be asking why you need to abandon your in-house IT model — whatever that may be — and place your entire network and data in the hands of another company.
Consider these proven and direct benefits of partnering with an outsourced IT company:
- Lower your operational and labor costs instantly.
- Focus on what you and your team are there to do.
- Leverage the expertise and skill of IT experts to your favor.
- Drastically reduce the risk of a cyber-attack that could wipe out your network.
- Access the latest technology that supports your operations and helps you stay competitive.
- Leverage scalable technology to support your business expansions.
- Simultaneously relieve and re-energize your entire organization.
- Solve IT issues instantly without your business coming to a halt.
- Eliminate guesswork when budgeting for IT.
How to Get Started Outsourcing Your IT
If you are sold on the concept of IT, then you may be wondering how to take the first step. Right Hand can guide you through this next stage in your digital transformation. Our onboarding process involves three easy steps:
1. Pre Go-Live
This stage involves three essential steps.
- The first step is gathering information about your company. This is a reciprocal Q&A session. We ask about your company, your frustrations & concerns, and your goals. You can also ask questions about our company and what we do. By getting to know each other, we form a business partnership and become aligned according to your objectives.
- The second step involves assessing your current IT setup. We look at your network, hardware, software, cabling, online presence, and all other components. We can evaluate your system’s performance and how to improve your entire infrastructure.
- We make recommendations on what type of digital transformation you need to undergo. Proposals may include hardware and software upgrades, component replacements, cloud integration, improved security, and redesigning your system according to your organization’s current needs. Some areas of your network may need a complete replacement. Other areas may simply need a few retrofits or updates.
Once we implement the network and get everything in place, then we launch your new system with all the latest changes and updates. We can train your team on how to get the most out of the new technology and what you should expect.
During this time, we expect that you and your employees will have some questions, provide feedback, and tell us what additional adjustments we need to make. We gather your feedback and develop strategies for tweaking your IT.
3. Post Go-Live
Post Go-Live never stops. It is an ongoing process of managing and monitoring your system. We do that two different ways.
- 24/7, 365 Help Desk. When problems arise, you can depend on our on-call staff to respond through our help desk. This is a remote service that we provide. We can handle most problems in real-time from our home office so that you don’t have to wait. You simply submit a help disk tick via email, phone, or by using our client web portal.
- On-site assistance. If you are experiencing issues that cannot be fixed using our remote help desk, we can dispatch a local technician to help you with your problems at your location. We can make on-site repairs, replace components, or help you deal with any emergencies that arise. Our goal is to eliminate any disruption in your workflow or customer service by responding quickly. You can depend on Right Hand to be there when you need us.
As you can see, outsourcing your IT has numerous advantages over trying to handle the technology in-house. If you have any further questions about what you can expect from Pittsburgh technology companies like Right Hand, then feel free to give us a call. We’ll answer your questions and get you on the path to boosting your business with the right technology.
Complete IT Services in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Right Hand works with healthcare providers, law firms, oil & gas companies, manufacturing companies, and financial services across the Greater Pittsburgh Area. We can help you discover and implement IT solutions that protect your network while fostering business growth. We want to help you become more efficient and profitable through the use of computers, mobile devices, servers and other technology that drive your business.
For a free consultation, contact us today at (412) 254-4448. You can also message us at email@example.com or start an online chat. We are here to help you!
- Jason Vanzin
- Apr 17, 2019
- Words Of Technical Wisdom