As COVID restrictions start to ease up in many areas, travelers everywhere have been booking trips to destinations all over the world. And as travel starts to pick back up, cyber criminals will seek to capitalize on any opportunity to attack their next victim.
Here are some tips you can follow to make sure you stay protected against scammers and cyber criminals:
- Avoid posting your travel itinerary (e.g. boarding pass, hotel reservation) and other trip details on social media
- To prevent a possible home invasion, avoid announcing on social media whenever you plan on leaving town and when you plan on returning.
- Be cautious when using public WiFi in an airport, hotel, restaurant, etc. Use your mobile data or mobile hotspot when possible.
- Make sure that the security software on any device you plan on travelling with, has the latest updates.
- Create secure passwords for your online accounts. You can use a reputable password manager to maintain your passwords securely.
- Set up 2FA (Two factor authentication) on any of your online accounts when possible to avoid bad actors from taking control of them.
Following these steps can help you keep safe against cybercriminals, and give you a peace of mind throughout your travels.
Contact us to learn how we can help protect your business against cyber attacks. Book your free consultation today!
- Dario Rampersad
- Jul 15, 2021
- Security, Words Of Technical Wisdom